Some interesting comments from few Jewel students, especially shared with you!
"I am a woman - hear me roar" - in a short timespan charlotte reminded me of the small things that really matter in life - the things that can make a difference in the way I choose to handle each and every situation that is thrown in my direction every minute of the day ... AR
Great slot and it showed there was great fun to being a Jewel. Knew there was a reason why I attend a showcase of the Jewels and was smitten then and there. I am now in my fourth year with the Jewels and continue to love the teachers who are great fun, interaction and having fun with the ladies and my just to keep dancing. The whole slot was great and gave the Jewels some great advertising, loved the end part with the presenter putting on the head gear and joining in. Well done and thanks to Kyknet. ... T
It was amazing (Kyknet interview), but way to short! We still wanted more and it was all over to soon! You should have had the whole “maatband” slot!
Congratulations! I’m proud to be one of your jewels! ... DS
- Well done to you and the girls on the Kyknet interview. Watching you girls dance an hearing you speak so positively about your students gave me a sense of belonging. It makes me really proud to be a Jewel! ... G
Good morning Mom Jewel
Congratulations with the show on KYKNET.... it was AWESOME J
Ag en jy kom soooo mooi reg met die Afrikaans J
PS please tell me there was Jewels juice in the glass and not some other fruit punch hee hee ... MB
- My guests enjoyed the hafla and all the dancing so much that they didn't even get to dessert! We had so much fun, all of them wanted to know when we're doing it again, so I'm thinking you'll get more of the same reaction from other guests as well. Thanks again for a wonderful evening. At other dance schools the teachers and professional dancers want all the attention for themselves and they don't give their students the opportunity to express their creative side and show off what they've learnt. We are privileged to have you guys who nurture us and create opportunities for us to share in the excitement of performing. And even more so because the professional dancers made time to perform with us. Therefore: thank you from my heart:-)))) xxx A
- "Since I have been dancing with Jewels of the Nile, it has improved my self-confidence and self-esteem tremendously. I have also learnt to accept the way I look and to love myself for who I am. I have also made great friend with my fellow Jewels." TC
- "I have found that Belly has given me a positive approach to life. To respect and embrace my body.
Meeting, sharing, having fun and working in unity as a team with new friends that I’ve made.
My health has improved exceptionally. I’m able to express my personal identity.
I’m more confident and comfortable with my body.
An excellent work out cession after a busy day at work that relieves stress and tension." RC
- "My self esteem has sky-rocketed since I started belly 4 years ago. I've become more focused on what I want and it's given me the confidence to always stand my "woman"." AV
- "I feel healthier, and inspired by the dancing. I am more confident in showing my body and femininity. Whenever I come for dancing, it is another opportunity to connect with my inner child and express my feminine and vulnerable side. I love dancing.
- "To understand where I am, and why I say the things I say about Belly dancing, you have to understand where I come from. I will explain in short.....
I have spent the last 20 years of my life almost exclusively in male company due to my profession. Little over 3 years ago, my marraige of 13 years broke up. These two facts has left me depressed and totally out of touch with who I am as person, and womanhood in general. For some unknown reason I was drawn to Belly dancing, not knowing the joy and healing it would bring me!
My soul is so much lighter since I started doing Belly Dancing, i met great girls, have lots of fun, and for the first time in my life, I celebrate being a woman! I might look like a wounded hippo when I dance, but believe me, inside I feel like the goddess I will one day be........" LO
"I would like to tell you that Belly Dancing is really something I should have started long time
Ago because it is such fun and I thoroughly enjoy it. It give me a big laugh when everything start
Shaking, of which you are not use to. I must tell you I will not miss a class if it is in my power, although
It is not a easy thing to learn, but it is not impossible. I like the challenge.
Thanks a lot for your patience.
Dancing greatings" RS
"The benefits of belly dancing:
1. I don't have the backache I used to have.
2. The muscles in my neck are more relaxed.
3. I never saw my hips as a sexy part of myself, I am now aware of them and like to move them.
4. I feel much more happy in my skin and my self confidence improved a lot.
5. I've figured out that bellydancing is a great source of confidence and glamour! " ... RW
- "Belly dancing
It has made me walk differently, talk differently, and act differently! My confidence has grown with every move." .. AT
- "Belly dancing
has given me more acceptance of my own body. Some grace and a bit of rythem. Some more ME time and I feel more like a girlie girl. I can be soft and feminine now. I see myself as beautiful and attractive the WAY I AM. But best of ALL - I found brillant friends who feel the same way about themselves!!!! It is a truly wonderful thing to be surrounded by other awesome, beautiful, amazingly
feminine women." ... SS
- "Since I started dancing, I have learnt a deep love and appreciation for my body - the way it looks, the joy I get from its movement and the way in which it can heal itself. I found healing and acceptance and a wonderful community of like-minded women who offer me true friendship. I got my mojo back!" ... AP
"Belly Dancing (Jewels of the Nile) has given me an opportunity to live a glamorous and adrenalin pumped life that is different to the norm. It showed me life is about much much more than going to work, eating and sleeping. There is nothing on earth that makes me feel more alive than being on ‘stage’J! For me as a performer, belly dancing is all about having fun and sharing this captivating art form with my audience. Dancing has empowered me and exposed me to a world where I feel free to express myself. Belly dancing is truly an art form designed for us girls and one that every woman should try at least once in their
lifetime." ... BA
- "Was die naweek by ‘n troue in Pta. Laterig die aand het hulle gesê die “bellydansers” gaan nou ’n beurt kry. Dit was sommer klomp van die gaste, maar dit was obviously gereël, want hulle het elkeen ’n scarf met klingeling uitgepluk. En daar trek die spulletjie toe los en dans. Hulle het soos die genuine musiek gespeel – soos op ons klasse – maar ai. . . wat ’n sad affair. Dit was nie bellydancing nie. Dit was klomp girls wat hulle heupe geswaai het. Was baie lus om vir hulle net ’n ideetjie te gaan gee van hoe dit eintlik gedoen word as mens belly dans. Maar het maar baie hartseer op my tande gebyt en ingehou.
Moet sê, my hart het ’n punt getrek. O, en pluimpie vir jou. Jy is ’n great teacher, want wie ookal hulle teacher is, as hulle een het. . . sy kan kom lesse vat op teaching by jou, want hulle leer nie eers (volgens wat hulle daar gedoen het) die BASICS wat jy ons geleer het nie." ... AO ... March 2010
- Thank you for an fabulous evening.
I now know with absolute certainty that I want to continue my belly dancing classes. Watching you and the other ladies dance really inspired me - I was totally blown away! ... B
"My Egypt trip was an awesome experience and I am so glad I went. I got to know my fellow jewels on a more personal level and that has brought as much closer together. As for what I learnt in terms of belly dancing moves .... all I can say is that MAN I AM PROUD TO BE JEWEL!!! Thank you Mom Jewel". T
"It was really inspiring to see you dance at the hafla and I so excited to want to join your studio" ... QM
"I attended a class with you in Johannesburg, and enjoyed it thoroughly. You have got what it takes. You are simply the best. I also saw you dance in Kempton Prdk some 9 years ago, and thought you are beautiful, and you dance beautifully." ...
"I loooooved da class on sat!!! You do give new meaning to the song titles 'killing me softly' & 'Murder on the dance floor' - just kidding!!! I like the way you teach!!! " ...
"Charlotte, watching you dance at the Hafla was a real treat. I have never watched you perform, other than in class – which is generally at our pace. I have always been fascinated by the art of Belly dancing, and have seen performances in shows and restaurants, both locally and in London. I must say that your performance is by far the best I have seen. Your entire being responds to the music in a way I have never seen before. It’s as if you are dancing with your soul, which is totally captivating for the audience. Needless to say, I was totally mesmerized by your performance. You are a true inspiration for your students." ... G
“There is belly at my gym here in A D but no teacher compares to you - I still miss our classes in Rosebank in 2001 / 2002 . Seems like a life time ago. You take care.” ... A
- Yes, yippeeee! Thank you for the feedback. I've sent mails to three schools that didn't even bother to answer. You're the most well know of all and you took the time to answer my mail.
I really appreciate it. ... AD
- The class was excellent, especially because all the girls get on well with each other and because U are an excellent teacher. I have no regrets about joining ... SV
- Wild horses won't stop me !! I am in!!! It was awesome and I want to continue....thanks ... L
- The first lesson was very difficult for me, especially since I am the most unflexible person on earth..but the second seems to be getting better.I seem more confident about coming in for my lessons and I am looking very forward to all those more to come. ... SA
- Hmmm..... you are becoming quite the celebrity! Well done! You deserve it. And in answer to your question in class re "Have I not taught these girls anything!". Take a bow Charlotte coz me in a beautiful sequined bra was something that would never happen before I joined belly! You're amazing...thanks! ... GP
- It’s so nice to be back! I felt my serotonin levels soaring again last night ... A
- “thank you for YOU as our mentor – I appreciate you!” L
- “the class this morning was brilliant thank you.” D
- “A friend told me about Charlotte’s belly classes and I thought they would be an interesting distraction. In fact all my expectations were exceeded and it became a place where I learned new things about myself and moved further beyond my comfort zones in each lesson. I learned to move my body in new ways and to feel a deeper connection to myself. It was also great to meet and interact with women from all backgrounds and walks of life. Charlotte is a 5 star dancer and great to learn from!” DC
- “We do it from the Hip ... We are all about Hip and no Hop Hip-sis-ters" TC
- “Wiggle your worries away!” AN
- “Desire to inspire twist to smile making the impossible a possibility. Finally finding that dream pair of shoes I thought I could never have – dancing shoes eyes with glitter, eyes with light,… moves with wiggle, moves with might:
My delight, o so right “ YDP
- “Belly dancing with the Jewels has released the sparkle in my soul!” LT
- “Releasing the goddess inside Creating a universe of divinity (or for divinity) Release spirit and mind beyond dreams“ Anonymous Jewel
- “Freeing my spirit through movement and dance… " LS
- “Not for the faint hearted or sensitive soul - it challenges you in many ways - both physically and emotionally” FP
- “My experience as a jewel: ... that the total experience of learning how to dance cannot adequately be encapsulated in a simple slogan. While the visual aspect is one of beauty, sensuality, intrigue and fascination, the experience of learning and being a student again challenges you in countless ways. The effects on your 'profile' are both physical and non-physical. You cannot be the same person again... “VW
- And from Mom Jewel to every goddess dancer and all the Jewels … I intend for you to grow, in the best possible way I know how…no – one taught me how to teach or how to grasp the depths that each move and student bring together as they embrace new awareness and knowledge … It truly has just evolved out of 10 years of research, commitment and passion with phenomenal blessed success! This now just happens so naturally in a way that truly honours my own integrity and intention for each Jewel student, both in the art and in the cohesion of body and mind to honour each of you, your soul and your journey. Thank you for taking time to read and share your experiences! A special salute to each goddess… keep smiling and glittering… it’s contagious!